As we ring in the new year with high expectations, we must also be sober in mind to understand that 2021 will present its own set of unique challenges, hurdles, and obstacles. The good news is that by having the right mindset, we can still soar high in the midst of adversity and make it a GREAT year!
For the past decade, I have guided my family through a visioning process that ends with visual representations of our family goals and personal goals for the year. During the first few days in January each year, we use Tote-a-Vision (Vision boards) to create our vision boards.
For 2021, I am adding a 21-Day “Makeover My Mindset” Challenge and inviting everyone who want to make 2021 their best year ever. The start of a new year is the perfect time to make resolutions and to set new goals; but having the “right mindset” can either “make” or “break” the achievement of those goals.
It’s been written and taught for many years now that it takes 21 days to form a habit. Dr. Maxwell Maltz was the first to write about the “21 days to form a habit idea” in his 1960 self-help book called “Psycho Cybernetics, A New Way to Get More Living Out of Life.”
An article written in Forbes stated that “The habits of highly successful people allow them to consistently perform behaviors that breed success. Everything from eating well to responsible spending to task completion and beyond requires habits that make such behaviors part of our daily life.”
“Highly successful people have learned to develop good habits, and it takes discipline, courage and hard work on a daily basis to keep those habits in place. … Most people believe that habits are formed by completing a task for 21 days in a row. Twenty-one days of task completion, then voila, a habit is formed.”
Well, not exactly, we will explore more during our 21-Day “Makeover My Mindset” Challenge that will help you identify unhealthy thought habits and guide in through a process to create new healthy thought habits.
If you can identify with any of the following statements, then you should join in on this challenge.
- I allow negative thoughts to influence my actions
- I allow a negative thought to stop me from trying something new
- I start things, but I oftentimes don’t finish them if stretched over a long period of time
- When things get difficult, I want to give up and sometimes I do
- My mind is constantly bombarded with negative thoughts
- I often feel anxious or feel anxiety
- When things don’t go my way, I get depressed
- It is a challenge for me to believe in good things when faced with adversity
- I lose confidence when things don’t go as expected
- I criticize myself with harsh words when I “mess up”
- I blame others for my shortcomings or misfortunes
- I want better control of my thought life
- I want to think more positive thoughts on a consistent basis
When you transform your thinking and mindset, you will transform your results! My family is a living witness. Throughout our 21-Day Challenge, I will share some of my personal experiences that resulted from having either a positive mindset or a negative mindset and how to change it.
Here’s what to expect:
21 Daily Mindset Makeover Lessons
Starting January 7, 2021, you’ll get a new lesson for your mindset makeover from me every day for 21 days. Each lesson builds on the last to help you create a new habit — one simple step at a time.
Structured Action Steps